Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

This Post Is Brought to You by the Letter "W"

I made a tumblr!

http://wishiwould.tumblr.com/

Full of reposted geeky pictures, responses to other people's off-kilter geeky thoughts, but also my own story thinking out ness.

And for the description, I kind of accidentally wrote a poem! Thinking about an online screenname I often use, "WishIWould." At the time it was because I wished I would do more drawing, but I think I fulfilled that. So having a tumblr with the same name, I rethought what it meant to me NOW.

*

I wonder...I wander, and wish I really would
Write such wise and witty words that they could weave a wondrous world
Where will o' wisps and winged things can whisper to the wind
Which also carries werewolves' howls and wary yowls within
The wizards watch, and whirl and whir, and work their wily spells
While warriors wield their weapons, and the women wait at wells.
Wild wand'rers wake near waterfalls, and waifs wail out their woes.
And I, their warden, willingly, will walk where'er they go
Wreak war on them, win peace for them, and hold them while they weep.
For I'll love what I have wrought, and as their writer I them keep.

*

No title yet...suggestions?

I'm kind of proud of the fact that, as far as I can tell on scanning through...I didn't repeat any W words! ("will o' wisp" and "will" don't count cuz they're totally different meanings there.)

I was a little sad that I never worked in wyrd/weird (meaning "fate"), wold (moor, unforested rolling plain) or wasteland. Well, whatever!

Wishing you a wonderful evening,

WishIWould! (aka Lauren) :)

1 comment: