Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Strange Things I Thought When I Was a Kid

Sometimes, kids just have very weird associations with things. I was thinking about that the other day and randomly felt the urge to share some of mine, so voila!

1.) Every time someone said "I'd like to bear my testimony," I thought they were saying "bury my testimony." For some reason I thought this meant that, if I "buried" my testimony enough times, I'd get to go home and the whole first floor would be filled with oversized grapes that we could play and "swim" in. I'm not sure why...I think "bury" made me think "buried in grapes"...?

2.) I thought that a Yule log was made of chocolate. I was super, super excited to see the big log in its paper wrapping, thinking how awesome it would be to get to take a bite out of it. At one point I sighed and said "when do we get to eat the Yule log?" and my mom was like "...what?"

3.) When I was a bit older and reading chapter books, I thought that sarcasm and italics were the same thing.

4.) When the soup instructions said "Stir occasionally," I asked my mom what "occasion" meant, and she told me that special occasions are like parties or celebrations. So I figured I had to dance while I stirred. Which I did, but I got exasperated with the whole process very fast and couldn't see how it would help with the soup.

I'd like to hear any of the wacky things you thought/said/did as a kid!



2 comments:

  1. I totally thought a yule log was made of chocolate, too!

    --Kristy B.

    ReplyDelete