Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Meditation on Cinderella

I thought of it right before I fell asleep last night and said it to myself over and over so I'd remember. I didn't remember until I was just finishing reading a book (Enna Burning by Shannon Hale, she's my new favorite) while I ate breakfast.

*

The clock is striking 1 a.m.

My skirts are too big for the door
Inside, the silver silk looks gray and dull.
The prince's eyes were cold and hard
The slippers shattered as I ran
I pull glass slivers from my bloody feet.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Have you read Jessica Day George's fairy tale retellings? I think you would love them, especially the one where Cinderella's glass slippers are blown onto her feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blown like glassblowing or blown like blown up? Also, I want to see what it feels like to walk on glass slippers...I imagine it, but I want to know how it REALLY feels, like where it would rub and if my toenails would catch on it and stuff, you know?

    ReplyDelete